What’s on YOUR iPhone/ iPod Touch Home Screen?
Amazing to behold, isn’t it? Surf the web(and LonePlacebo), access my gaming collection, tweet “OMG OMG I have almost 5 followers! Thank you ShellyRyan and BritneyFVideos!” or manage my pathetic fantasy football team. Every function you have come to expect when you use your personal computer, all on one single screen.
At this point, you may have pointed out to yourself out loud in your decrepit dungeon of a room that something was a bit too peculiar. Ah ha! There are five columns and a extra app on the dock! What gives?! Wait! I remember! Only jailbroken devices can sport this amazing luxury. Shoot!
Ignoring the preinstalled applications that comes with every device, let’s examine the remaining applications displayed above:
- Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus $0.99 – You can trash that old, space-hog dictionary you keep stored away in your home. With this app, you can combine the practical uses of a thesaurus as well. This dictionary app is the best alternative to others that require a wifi connection.
- Sportacular Free/$1.99 – Warning: This app is definitely NOT the best cure for your sports addiction. Sportacular is my favorite sports news app, as it lets you track all the major sports with fast speeds and superior information.
- MyFantasyTeams Free/$3.99 Lately, this app has stunk. The updates completely made this app inoperable, but hopefully, this is just a speed bump along the road. Read my complete review here!
- iTrade Free – Like making money? Of course you do, simple one! With a virtual stock portfolio in your possession, attempt to accumulate the greatest amount of riches through shrewd investing, and then have it all taken away at the end of the month….Sob.
- DailyFinance Free – The Stock app that should’ve been included with your iPod Touch.
- What’s On? Free – Like to watch TV? Who doesn’t? Never miss a show now with push notifications that remind you to go out and watch Hell’s Kitchen.
- Facebook/Aim Free/$2.99 – These two applications need no introduction. I’m too lazy anyways.
- AppBox Pro $1.99 – Eighteen apps in one app? Is this heaven or my government bailout?
- HomeBudget Pro $4.99 Keep track of every monetary transaction that occurs in your life. Realize that your excessive purchases of those adult videos are eating away at your pocket and your non-existent love life.
- Games (Jailbreak app) – If you have a jailbroken device, download Categories and create a folder named “Games” and add all your games into the file. Whoa! Look at how much space you now have!
- LonePlacebo This top app needs no introduction. Heralded as the greatest modern inventions of mankind and touted as being superior to Youtube, Google and porn combined, this app will bring you a lifetime of enjoyment. Unfortunately, it will not help you land a new job, move out of your parents’ home, or get a girlfriend. Learn how to get your own dose of LonePlacebo here!
- Todo $9.99 – The most expensive app in the group but brimming with power and capabilities. Schedule your everyday tasks, never miss a deadline, and be more productive with Todo today!
- BargainBin Free – Hate it when an app you purchase for five bucks suddenly becomes free the next day? I feel your pain. With BargainBin, create a custom Watch List to track those apps you’ve had your eye on and be notified when the developer decides to lower the price.
- iStudiez Pro $2.99 – The essential app for any student who is not planning on dropping out of school and running a strip club.
- Groups $4.99 – The Contacts app on steroids. You can tell that I’m starting to get tired of writing this post.
- SimplyTweet $4.99 – The Twitter client I rely on to tweet to my loyal BritneyFVideos and ShellyRyans. Read my review here.
Well, there you have it! Head out to the App Store and check out these wonderful apps. Download at your leisure and enjoy them for years to come. What does your home screen look like? I’m sure it’s not as good as mine.