Home > Apple, iPod Touch, Jailbroken iPod Touch > Jailbreak 3.1.2 iPhone Firmware With Blackra1n(Windows)
Jailbreak 3.1.2 iPhone Firmware With Blackra1n(Windows)
What you need:
- Windows XP or Vista
- iPhone 3GS/3G, iPod Touch 1G/2G/3G
- 3.1.2 Firmware
- iTunes 9.0.1
Warnings and Potential Problems:
- iPod Touch 3G users: this jailbreak is tethered so you will have to re-jailbreak the device every time you turn it off.
- This will update your baseband, so if you need to unlock do not jailbreak if you own a iPhone 3G or 3GS. Source
- Install Blackra1n to your computer
- Plug your device to the computer via USB
- Launch Blackra1n from your computer and select “Make it rain”
- Your device will then reboot and a picture of some dude with iPhones hovering around him will appear. (See below). Blackra1n will be running a series of commands on your computer’s screen. Note: The procedure does not require you to make your device go into DFU mode as Blackra1n is already programmed to do it for you.
- Once the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot and you will find a logo for Blackra1n. Launch Blackra1n.
- Once open, you will have the option to install any of three installer apps: Cydia, Rock or Icy. You can also uninstall Blackra1n.
- Your device is now jailbroken. Enjoy! For now until the next firmware update shows up…
Visual learner? No problem!